Resources » Career Center

Career Center

Hello Jags!

Welcome to your  Career Center! I am here to help you with:

  • ROP Class Information and Sign-ups

  • Discovering Community Colleges and Universities

  • Financial Aid and Scholarship Resources

  • Career and Employment Opportunities

Work Permits

If you are under the age of 18, the State of California requires you to complete a Student Work Permit form in order to be eligible to work.  Here is the process:

1.  Down load the Work Permit Application and take it to the employer who hired you.  (You need to have secured a job first.)

2.  Bring the completed form to Ontario HS anytime Monday – Friday between 9AM – 1PM for verification.

3.  Pick up the form from OHS the following Wednesday and return it to your employer.


ROP Classes Help Everyone

These classes are not just for students who are behind in credit. They provide valuable career training through hands-on experiences by industry professionals and teach critical employment skills. These courses help prepare students for college and career opportunities. Students can earn Industry Certifications and community college credit in some courses. ROP classes are Free and earn High school credit.

Any student who in interested in learning about a career and gaining employment skills should consider taking ROP classes!


College and Career


Four Year Universities

CJUHSD Guaranteed Admissions

The Chaffey District has established MOUs with 9 universities. These agreements guarantee that an OHS student will be admitted to any of these universities if they meet their requirements and deadlines. Please contact each university to review the requirements and deadlines for the MOU.

CJUHSD Guaranteed Admissions


Choosing the Right University

Choosing the right now will require some research! Use the links below to gather information about universities that might be a good fit for you.


College Board

California Colleges

College Navigator


Apply to a University

You need to check with each university individually to see which platform they use to for Admission Applications.
Here are some common application links:

Cal State University
University of California

Talk to your counselor about your options.

Community Colleges
Consider a Community College:

Community colleges are inexpensive and possibly free. They offer Industry Certifications, Associate Degrees, and career training. With academic advising, they provide an opportunity to transfer to a four-year university.


Chaffey College

Mt. San Antonio College

Riverside City College

Citrus College

Norco College


Apply to a Community College


Step 1: Create a CCC Account
Step 2: Within your CCC Account, select the community colleges where you wish to apply
Step 3: Check your email for more information
Talk to your counselor about your options.
The Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Space Force and Coast Guard are the armed forces of the United States. The Army National Guard and the Air National Guard are reserve components of their services and operate in part under state authority.


How to Pay for College

Step 1: Create an FSA ID

Go to

  • The student must create their own FSA ID. This ID is unique to each person and is required for signing the FAFSA electronically. Parents and students must create their own account.

  • Save your FSA ID and password in a safe place so you can access this information later. (I recommend keeping a log of your IDs and passwords on your phone. Please make sure your phone is secure, so your passwords are safe.)

Step 2: Complete the FAFSA

Go to

  • Click on the "Log In" button to start your FAFSA application. You will need your FSA ID. (You do not need to "Create Account" because you did that in Step 1.)

  • The application process is simple to follow on the Federal Student Aid website. There are plenty of resources on the site that will help you complete the application.

Documents You Will Need
  • Your Social Security number

  • Your parents’ Social Security numbers

  • Your driver’s license number (if you have one)

  • Your Alien Registration number (if you are not a US citizen)

  • Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information

  • Records of untaxed income

  • Information on cash balances

Please visit for more information on these required documents.