California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
CSF applications (graduation in white) will be accepted in room 1 from Tuesday, January 21st to Friday, January 31st, 8:25 am.
Be sure to bring a copy of your report card or transcript and have the application completely filled out the $5 application fee ready to submit.
Application submission times:
Before school: 7:15 - 7:25 am M - Th, 8:15 - 8:25 am F
After school: 2:30 - 3 pm, T and Th only
No late applications accepted.
HOW TO QUALIFY
To qualify, students must earn 3 As and 1 B (if in 0-1 honors/AP classes) or 2 As and 2Bs (if in 2-4 honor/AP classes). Not all classes qualify, and most points must come from A-G core classes. See application or Mr. Sousley for more details.
CALIFORNIA SCHOLARSHIP FEDERATION (CSF)
CSF is a statewide organization which honors outstanding high school students. Four semesters (two terms equals one semester and one semester must be from the senior year’s grades) of membership during grades 10, 11, and 12 earns a student the title of “Sealbearer”. Sealbearers are rewarded with: recognition in the graduation program, a white cap and gown and a gold cord worn during ceremonies, and acknowledgment at the senior awards ceremony.
For more information, please visit the CSF website.
4 semesters of of membership (one from grades as a senior) are required to obtain lifetime sealbearer status and recognition at graduation.
You must re-apply each semester.
Students are responsible for applying for CSF membership using the application form. Be sure to check the class breakdown list to see how many points each class earns you.
Retroactive membership is Never granted
CSF membership application periods are as follows.
1. For spring semester, membership applications are accepted in the 2nd and 3rd week of August of the following school year.
2. For fall semester, membership applications are accepted in the 2nd and 3rd week of January, after final grades are issued.
To qualify for CSF Membership:
1. You must earn at least 10 points from the previous semester
- At least 4 points must be from List I.
- At least 7 points (including 4 above) must be from Lists I & II.
- The remaining points may come from any List (I, II, or III).
2. You may use no more than 5 grades to qualify.
3. No CSF points are given for PE, courses taken instead of PE, courses involving clerking, and office/teaching assisting, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
4. CSF points are granted as follows:
- A grade of A = 3*
- A grade of B = 1*
- A grade of C = 0 (in ANY course)
- A grade of D or F in any course disqualifies you from membership at this time only.
- *One additional point shall be granted for a grade of A or B in an AP, GATE or Honors course, up to a maximum of two such points per semester.
5. Be in good standing with the Discipline Office.
1. You must reapply for membership each application period.
2. Retroactive membership may not be granted to any student who has failed to take advantage of the opportunity to become a member.
3. A non-refundable Fee Of $5.00 Is Due at the Time of Application.
4. You Must attach copies of your appropriate term report cards or a current transcript for application to be complete. Incomplete applications will Not be processed.
5. It is your responsibility to obtain your report card or transcript as proof of grades.
Questions? Contact Mr. Sousley, firstname.lastname@example.org